Sunday, December 21, 2008

OUR FAMILY DAY!!!!!


WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 17TH...
Was our FAMILY DAY!! This is the day that 2 years ago Elaina was placed in my arms for the first time. What a magical day it was. My Mom and I were waiting in the lobby of the Radisson Hotel in Guatemala City with our eyes glued to the front door. I was talking to another couple who was with their baby and we didn't know that there was a set of elevators in the back of the lobby. It was then that my Mom said the words I will never forget:
"Judi, your daughter is here!!!"
I spun around and even thought there were about 6 people with her I only saw Elaina. Renee, the foster daughter was holding her and she brought her over to me and I took Elaina in my arms and she put her forehead to mine and we looked into each others eyes and our lives together began. It was amazing!! I can still recall every moment of our pick-up trip. Just minutes before she arrived some people were singing "I Can Only Imagine" what a beautiful song to hear just minutes before I was to meet my daughter for the first time.
So I took a couple of days off work and we were supposed to go out of town but the weather was too cold so instead we went down to the Country Club Plaza and got a hotel room and drove around to see the lights and we took The lighted Cinderella Coach for a ride around the plaza. What a wonderful ending to our very special day.

Here Elaina is looking out the window at the lights!!
La Princessita in her carriage!!!
Gamma, Elaina and Mommy all bundled up as we ride around the plaza.
B-r-r it was cold but it was worth it.

This is our horse "Blue" who gave us a great ride. We told the driver what we were celebrating and he was very excited for us and gave us a little longer ride.
It was 2 years ago today that we were greeted by family and friends at the airport. Thanks to everyone who was their to share in Elaina's Welcome Home!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Happy 2nd family day!!! Looks like you all had a blast and I love that carriage!!

Anonymous said...

Very Sappy but very sweet! Brings a tear to my eye to think two years has already gone by! Congratulations! Love Ali

Mary Ann said...

happy gotcha day elaina! you are sure precious!

lovingourtwoguys said...

I know it has been 2 years, but doesn't it feel like forever??? I am so happy to know your darling daughter. She is such an angel. Happy Family Day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELAINA!!

Kim & Dave said...

Hey! Your special day was ONE day before ours!

Congrats on two years together!