Friday, April 10, 2009

Elaina's New Glasses

NEW GLASSES
Elaina got her new glasses today. She was so excited to get them. Her Mommy, Gamma, Aunt Jean, Aunt Joanie, Aunt Ali, Uncle Richard and a couple of friends at school all have glasses too.
We went to the eye doctor on Monday and I had forgotten that she would eventually need glasses due to the Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) she had when she was born. Elaina had surgery when she was 3 months old in Guatemala. Elaina was a preemie and only weighed @ 2-2 1/2 pounds at birth and she had stage 3 out of 5 stages of the ROP. So glasses were inevitable. I had to laugh at my eye doctor (who I LOVE) she said:"Yep, she is YOUR daughter because we have the same stigmatism in our left eyes. (I also had eye surgery when I was a baby).
These are transition lenses (didn't know that before I got them today)but when she goes outside and the lenses darken she looks like John Lennon. Too cute!!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hair and Chris says he thinks they are way cool! Neat Glasses!

Mary Ann said...

She is soooo adorable! Love her hair cut too!